As one of the most luxurious pet-friendly, centrally-located hotels in Kansas City, InterContinental strives to make your stay (and the stay of your beloved four-legged friends) as comfortable as possible. And we encourage you to experience the wonder and elegance of our beautiful destination together.
A leisurely stroll through the Country Club Plaza – among the unique shops and restaurants may just be the ticket. Or a two-block walk South to Loose Park will be a treat for animals and their human companions! Spending time outdoors at Mill Creek Park is just a 15-minute walk away.
All guests traveling with their furry friends (under 25 pounds) are required to:
- Keep animals on leashes or in pet cages while in common areas.
- Pay a $25 non-refundable cleaning deposit.
- Unattended pets must be in a kennel.
- Pets must be on their leash or in a pet cage when in hotel public areas.
- Pets are prohibited from The Oak Room Restaurant, The Oak Bar, Fitness Center, Concierge Lounge, meeting/event space and pool deck.
- Service animals are permitted in these areas.
- Guests are responsible for noise or other complaints about their pet.
- Housekeeping staff will service a guest room only if a pet is confined to a pet cage or is removed from the room.
The hotel discourages guests from leaving their pet unattended. However, should you opt to experience some of Kansas City’s rich cultural attractions or museums without your pet, you are required to notify the front desk and leave a telephone number so we may reach you immediately in case of an emergency or noise complaints.